Our Curriculum Intent:
Our humanities faculty share our school's commitment to implementing a curriculum that:
- Is ambitious for every student
- Develops students' social and cultural capital
- Supports ambitious next steps
To ensure this happens through the geography curriculum our aim is for:
- Students to develop a curiosity of the world around them
- Students to be fascinated and inspired to become informed global citizens who make a positive contribution to society
- Students to develop a life-long love of learning about key issues and places
More information about the content and sequencing of our geography curriculum can be found via the link below to our Learning Journey and via the links to the left.
beyond the classroom
Students in Geography have opportunities to engage in essential fieldwork activities. These have included looking at the impact of tourism in Castleton, studying river landforms in Langsett, investigating a woodland ecosystem at Rother Valley and finding out about the success of urban redevelopment in Sheffield city centre.