Title of qualification
OCR Sports Studies
What will I learn?
How will this course be assessed?
- Equivalent to GCSE 1-9 (BTEC grading system Pass, Merit, Distinction, Distinction*).
- Video evidence of students leading and officiating to be assessed by teacher and awarding body.
What skills do I need?
- Good practical ability and participation in sport outside and inside of school.
- Literacy- the ability to read and write fluently, using key terms, definitions and examples.
- Listening skills.
- Team work and leadership skills.
What is next for me after this course?
This course will prepare you for any further education courses in sport and physical education, whether A-level or vocational qualifications. You will develop numerous transferable skills in leadership, communication, teamwork and data analysis. These skills can lead to a variety of employment opportunities in a range of different areas, for example, recreational management, leisure activities, coaching, the fitness industry, the armed forces or public services.
Are there any restrictions with this course?
You can’t take both GCSE and OCR PE qualification together.